The growth of any eCommerce business depends on the ability to transact over the internet without the concern of being duped or robbed of your transaction details. In the early days, eCommerce service providers designed their own gateways, which had restricted modes of transaction. This originated the need for a generalized payment platform, aka payment gateway, which would act as the mediator to provide reliable, atomic, and instant transactions to eCommerce business holders and customers.
List of the Best Payment Gateways for eCommerce Businesses
Currently, the market is growing with a range of payment gateway providers that you can integrate with your website at a small service charge or fixed monthly charges, depending upon the number of transactions your web portal anticipates. Here, we would list out the top ten payment gateways which you could use as per your business needs.
PayPal is presently the most utilized and preferred payment gateway amongst small businesses and startups. It accepts International and Multi-currency payments. Easy and simple setup steps, brand recognition, and security are some of the reasons that businesses opt for PayPal. The significant features of PayPal include its accessibility in 196 nations; zero startup costs, and monthly fees (it works as per pre-defined transaction service charges). PayPal has a strong anti-fraud team and it is accounted to have frozen various suspicious accounts based on their transaction evaluations.
PayUmoney is a subsidiary of the organization PayU India. It offers an innovative modern payment gateway solution to online businesses with the help of its award-winning technology.
- It offers a wide range of payment options along with debit and credit cards from all card associations, 50+ net banking, UPI payment mode as a default checkout option, and digital wallets.
- As far as security is concerned, it protects your account with 128-bit SSL encryption and two-factor authentication.
- There is no underlying setup fee.
- You don’t have to pay the yearly maintenance charge.
- It is an app-ready platform (supports mobile SDKs for Android and iOS platforms).
- Your account gets activated instantly.
Focused on SMBs and startups, SecurePay acts as a feasible solution by providing a wide range of payment options with easy and simple registration and integration steps. SecurePay offers a free trial plan along with plans for your E-Commerce payments and Online Payments. These are priced based on the number of transactions processed each month and are feasible for heavy transactions.
RazorPay is a payment gateway that allows you to collect recurring payments & share invoices etc. – all in a single platform.
It offers an online payment process over secured and easily integrated APIs.
- You get 100+ modes of payment such as Net Banking, Credit/Debit card, UPI, and wallets.
- It is a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant solution that eliminates regulatory compliance.
- With the RazorPay dashboard, you get real-time insights.
- They don’t charge you for the initial setup.
- They also don’t charge for annual maintenance.
- Your account gets activated instantly.
Google Pay permits in-app and tap-to-pay purchases on all cell phone devices. As of May 2018, Google Pay also supports boarding passes and event tickets. Google Pay work on Near Field Communication (NFC) to initiate transactions and transfer funds to the retailer. All you need to do is download the Google Pay application, take a picture of your debit or credit card or enter the information manually. As the majority of the audience uses mobile phones, Google Pay is a prudent gateway for an eCommerce business.
PayTM currently holds the top foothold for India’s most popular payment gateway. It is a semi-closed wallet, approved by the RBI, and offers payment solutions to over 7 million merchants. PayTM is available for download across all major platforms and allows its customers to make payments from debit cards, credit cards, bank accounts and digital credit. It is India’s largest digital wallet with over 15 million+ active users.
Upheld by the tremendous brand name, Amazon Pay is the go-to choice for small and medium enterprises for hosting payment gateways. The Amazon Pay merchant account allows a sophisticated fraud protection service. Amazon Pay is a simple API driven and allows multiple solution providers for eCommerce platforms with free plugins. Amazon provisions the use of Alexa to connect with your customers further providing recommendations and improved customer service.
Instamojo is one of the biggest multi-payments gateways, powering over 2,20,000 private companies in India. Probably the greatest benefit of this payment gateway is that it simply takes 2 mins to set up and it’s free for you.
- It doesn’t support international payments and credit cards.
- It supports only Indian currency (INR) and not multi-currency.
- They charge nothing for withdrawal.
- You can start receiving payment just by signing up with your email. Payments can be collected using links via Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Email, and SMS.
- You get an on-demand payment app for Android phones for tracking payments.
CCAvenue provides an impressive range of payment options and processes almost all types of cards.
- There are 200+ payment options that include 6 Credit Cards, 58+ Net Banking, 98+ Debit Cards, 12 Prepaid Instruments,13 ATM Cards, and 14 Bank EMI.
- It upholds 27 major foreign currencies, like Indian Rupee, Singapore Dollar, American Dollar, Pound Sterling, Bahraini Dinar, American Dollar, UAE Dirham and many more.
- Supports around 18 major Indian & international languages.
- No initial setup fee.
- Mobile app integration is possible on Android, iOS, and Windows. Thus, it allows you to serve customers worldwide.
IndiaPay is a broad, end-to-end, modular solution that offers several key features, including immediate paper check truncation with straight-through processing from the merchant account’s countertop.
- The option of collecting payments from international clients is likewise provided.
- Offers a comprehensive API along with fraud and risk management services.
- All the major Credit/Debit/Cash cards are accepted.
- Installed with SSL to ensure 100% online purchasing security.
For any eCommerce business, having a payment gateway is a priority to accept payments from the customers. Take your pick from the above list of the top 10 payment gateways for eCommerce businesses and ensure safe payments for your online store.
Once your online payment mode setup is done, consider NimbusPost for flawless eCommerce shipment handling for your business. Leverage the zero-cost setup benefit along with benefits like 27+ courier options in a single place, get 29000+ pin code reach, an advanced NDR panel, courier recommendation engine, and more.