Increasing digitalization and online trading have made India a hub of e-commerce businesses. According to an estimate, the market value of the booming e-commerce industry will reach 200 billion U.S. dollars by 2027. With an increase in the growth of this industry, the rise in delivery services has also become a trend. Therefore, there is high competition among different shipping service companies. So, before choosing any shipping service in India, you should consider some critical factors. It includes cost, delivery time, tracking facility, and so forth, by comparing these criteria you will find the cheapest courier service in India.
Here is a list of some cheapest courier services in India.
Top Six Cheap Courier Services In India
While choosing a shipping service provider for your business, ensure that it has a wide pin code serviceability in the country. The company should be able to deliver before the deadlines. And of course, it must suit your budget.
Let’s find out some details of all these courier services:
FedEx is one of the most popular shipping services as it covers more than 7000 pin codes in India. It is a highly reliable courier service when it comes to delivering fragile and delicate products. With FedEx, you can expect on-time delivery of temperature-sensitive and decay-able products as the company specializes in climate control shipping.
You can trust the company for your online medical business as it offers quick medical shipping supplies services, including:
- Specialized packaging
- Proactive monitoring
- Real‑time intervention
- Customer-specific shipping solutions
- Get insurance coverage on packages delivered
- SMS and email tracking
- Multiple locations pickup option
- Provision for weekend deliveries
- Offers cash on delivery
- Known for service-based pickup only
DTDC commenced its operations in 1990 and has grown commendably ever since. Currently, it is handling more than 12 million shipments in a month. All its functions are backed with high technology to include provisions like automated reports, end-to-end tracking, web data availability for customers, etc.
The company can be the most preferred choice for online businesses that need to deliver a large number of shipments regularly.
- Corporate tracker facility for businesses
- Door-to-door delivery for businesses and customers
- Plan drop-offs
- International shipping
- DTDC courier tracking facilities
- DTDC courier charges per kg
- Deliveries on Sunday are not possible
- No fixed rate for its shipment
3. NimbusPost – Choose the Best Courier Services in India
NimbusPost covers an extensive delivery range across the country and has 40,000+ happy customers worldwide.
- It is the cheapest courier service in India
- It guarantees on-time deliveries
- Free sign-up and subscription facility
- It has a delivery network of more than 29000 pin codes
- It supports one-day COD remittance
- It offers various courier service options
- Complete transparency
- Longer refund duration
4. Blue Dart
Blue Dart is an established logistics company headquartered in Mumbai, India. It successfully covers a wide delivery range of 35000+ locations in India. It is also serving more than 200 countries globally. Blue Dart also has its warehouses in over 80 places in India.
For time-sensitive shipments, a day-definite delivery system called Dart Plus is available. Apart from this, the company actively participates in environmental issues and takes care of its social responsibility.
- It has a very high customer satisfaction rate
- Cash on Delivery is available for domestic orders
- It offers reliable services for late-night pickups and early-morning deliveries
- Delivery days can be rescheduled
- High provision for rush deliveries
- Offers deliveries on Sundays and even during festive seasons
- Bluedart tracking feature
- An expensive option
DHL is one of the most reliable courier services in India. You can rely on it for both domestic shipping and international couriers. Because of its authenticity, the company has been awarded the most popular shipping service in India.
It has a vast network in more than 220 countries. Moreover, it delivers around 1.5 billion parcels in a year. You can get customized logistics solutions according to your business needs to improve your supply chain. In addition, you get regular updates regarding shipments via SMS or email for a better customer experience. Its tracking facility is highly useful for the customers and the business as well.
- Package tracking
- It ensures complete customer satisfaction and offers refunds for any failures from its side.
- It operates a separate e-commerce platform for e-commerce businesses only.
- Warehousing solutions
- 27*7 international assistance
- Lack of transparency in its pricing policy
6. India Post – India’s cheapest Courier Service
India Post is also famous by the name Post Office in India. Lakhs of people trust and rely on this courier service as it reaches the most remote locations. India has over 1.55 lakh post offices which makes you count on this courier service to deliver the parcel to your customers on time. Moreover, it also supports international deliveries and the best part is that it is the safest courier service option.
It handles all its posts like a professional company should. And with the facility of tracking parcels online, you can improve your customers’ shopping experience. India Post also offers SMS delivery notifications for better assistance.
- Easy return policy
- Cash on delivery is available
- Strong network
- No deliveries are made on Sundays
- Occasional late deliveries
Which Is The Most Affordable Courier Service In India?
Cutting down costs and maximizing profits is the key motto of any business. So to lower the extra costs of shipping, an intelligent businessman always opts for the cheapest courier service in India. You could choose a service according to your preference; however, a shipping aggregator like NimbusPost would be a smart choice as you get multiple couriers on a single platform. You get a postage calculator which provides a rate calculating feature along with several other platform benefits.