India is home to the world’s second-largest internet user base. With a whopping 87% of the people being regular internet users, the eCommerce market in India is ripe for businesses to make their mark. And if you want to tap into the vast potential of India’s thriving eCommerce market, online marketplaces in India are your way to go.
Online marketplaces like Myntra, with a strong focus on branded items, offer a unique opportunity for businesses to transform themselves into powerful brands. On Myntra, you can start dropshipping, private label selling, or selling handicrafts online and reach a massive audience of dedicated shoppers. However, it is important to note that Myntra is not just an ordinary eCommerce platform. Unlike others, Myntra focuses on promoting selected, high-quality brands, keeping scams and low-quality products at bay.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, in this guide, we’ll walk you through the entire Myntra selling process. Let’s start with understanding how to register for Myntra Seller Central.
How to Register for Myntra Seller Central?
Myntra Seller Central enables individuals and businesses to sell their products on Myntra. In addition, it supports sellers by guiding them through the onboarding process and helping them choose the best fulfilment models for their business needs.
Documentation Required to Become a Seller on Myntra
- A business Registration Copy that proves that your enterprise is legally registered.
- A GST Registration Certificate that your business is compliant with the tax regulations in India.
- PAN Card issued in the name of your business.
- Active Current Bank Account registered in your business’ name.
- Brand Authorization Letter from either the authorized dealer or the direct owner of the brand, if you plan to sell branded merchandise on Myntra.
- The Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) for your legally registered business.
Step-by-Step Process to Register on Myntra Seller Central
Visit Myntra’s Partner Login Page
Start by visiting Myntra’s Partner Login page, which can be accessed here: Myntra Seller Page
- Register for a Myntra seller account: Click the “Register Now” button to be redirected to the Myntra Seller Registration form. Fill out the entire form with your business information, such as your company name, contact details, and address.
- Upload necessary documents: Attach the required documentation, including your business registration copy, GST registration certificate, PAN card, bank account details, brand authorization letter (if applicable), and TAN or TIN. Make sure all documents are clear and up to date.
- Submit the form: Click “Submit” to complete the Myntra seller registration process. Once your application is submitted, Myntra will review your information and verify your documents.
- Choose your onboarding model: After your registration is approved, Myntra offers two onboarding models: Myntra Aggregate Model and Channel Partner Model. The Myntra Aggregate Model involves a quality check and brand listing process. At the same time, the Channel Partner Model allows you to have more control over your seller account and handle shipping from your warehouse.
- Set up your store
Once your store is approved and you’re onboarded, it’s time to set up your store by selecting a theme and location. Then, create an eye-catching and informative listing with product titles, prices, and available units.
How to Sell on Myntra?
1. Identifying Your Niche and Target Market
If you want to sell on Myntra, it’s important to conduct market research and analyze customer preferences and product categories to determine what items are in demand on the platform. Next, look for gaps and opportunities on Myntra by identifying unexplored niches or segments with high demand. Finally, once you’ve done your research, define your target audience by determining the demographics and psychographics of your ideal customers.
2. Developing Your Business Idea
Craft a unique selling proposition (USP) that offers compelling reasons for customers to choose your brand over competitors. Develop a consistent brand voice, visuals, and messaging to create a strong brand identity on Myntra.
3. Creating a Business Plan
Set short and long-term goals for your Myntra store, and define measurable objectives to track your progress. Next, develop a marketing strategy that includes promotional activities to drive traffic and conversions, and plan your financial projections and budget. This will help you estimate costs, revenue, and profit margins for your Myntra business.
4. Registering Your Business
Register with Myntra’s seller central and complete the registration process by providing the required documentation as you’ve learned above.
5. Create an enticing Product Listing
In order to make your products more noticeable on Myntra and appeal to potential buyers, it’s important to write informative descriptions, use high-quality images, and optimize your listings for search.
6. Marketing Your Online Business
Utilize social media platforms to promote your Myntra store and drive traffic. Implement influencer marketing campaigns by collaborating with influencers to reach a wider audience and increase brand awareness. Employ omnichannel marketing techniques to integrate online and offline marketing efforts, creating a seamless customer experience.
7. Establishing a Fulfilment Process
Choose the most efficient and cost-effective product shipping options, and partner with a reliable courier service. Order fulfilment can make or break your business; you can partner with logistics aggregators like NimbusPost to ensure timely and secure delivery to your customers.
8. Analyzing and Optimizing Your Online Business
Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of your Myntra store. Identify areas for improvement in your operations, marketing, or customer service, and make data-driven decisions to optimize your business. Then, continuously test the effectiveness of these changes to maximize profits and ensure long-term success for Myntra.
Whether you’re wondering how to start an online clothing business or have profitable dropshipping business ideas, by following this step-by-step guide, you’ll be well-equipped to navigate your journey as an online seller. When starting to sell on Myntra, it’s crucial to remember the significance of order fulfilment. This process can significantly impact customer satisfaction, so there are other options than settling for average.
NimbusPost offers AI-powered solutions that can simplify your order fulfilment process. You can easily manage bulk shipments with a variety of courier options available at affordable rates.
What is the fee for selling on Myntra?
The fee for selling on Myntra varies depending on the product category and brand. While Myntra charges a flat commission of around 4-5%, it may be lower for high-value and low-price category products or higher for ethnic and western apparel due to increased competition. Keep in mind that the commission rate is not constant and can change based on various factors.
Is it profitable to sell on Myntra?
Yes, selling on Myntra can be profitable for businesses that strategically choose the right product niche and target audience and effectively manage their inventory and marketing efforts. With a vast customer base and a focus on high-quality products, Myntra offers a platform for sellers to reach potential buyers and build a successful online business. However, profitability largely depends on the seller’s ability to optimize their operations, pricing, and marketing strategies to maximize revenues while minimizing costs.
Can we sell non-branded products on Myntra?
Yes, you can sell non-branded products on Myntra if you have a legally registered business entity. While Myntra is known for selling original branded products, they also provide opportunities for businesses to bring their non-branded products to the marketplace and work with sellers to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
How can I sell online without a GST number?
To sell online without a GST number, first, ensure that your products or services are exempt from GST as per the Government of India’s guidelines. If they are exempt, you can sell them online without a GST number. However, if your offerings are not GST-exempt, you must incorporate your online store and register for a GST number to sell on major marketplaces like Myntra.
Does Myntra blacklist customers?
Myntra may blacklist customers in cases of repeated fraudulent activities, returns, abuse, or violation of their terms and conditions. While the platform aims to provide a smooth shopping experience for customers, maintaining a secure and trustworthy environment is essential for both sellers and buyers. Therefore, to maintain a secure platform for everyone involved, Myntra may implement measures such as blacklisting.